How much does NIMASA Pay NYSC Corpers? This is one question every PCM would like to find the answer to. This guide will help you discover more about NIMASA and the company’s salary structure for Corpers.
Youth Corpers are employed by the Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA) to work at its workplaces. Have you ever wondered what the company pays its employees each month or annually? Those who were applying for jobs with the agency would frequently ask themselves this question.
This article provides comprehensive information on NIMASA’s pay scale for NYSC youth corp members. However, before learning more about this company, how much does NIMASA pay their NYSC Corpers? let’s take a close look at the company salary breakdown
How Much Does NYSC Corpers Get Paid by NIMASA?
One of the key government agencies, NIMASA offers its employees a respectable wage. Consolidated Research and Allied Institutes (CONRAISS) Salary Scale is the basis on which they compensate their employees.
This indicates that the compensation structure for NIMASA is determined by grade level and year of civil service experience.
The above-mentioned is the agency’s typical pay scale, while NIMASA young Corpers also receive other supplementary allowances and bonuses. Additionally, you should be informed that contingent on the agency, the NIMASA wage structure may alter at any time.
The Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA) pay its NYSC Corps members as intern staff. Depending on the company, their pay ranges from ₦30,000 to ₦100,000 each month.
The NYSC youth Corpers employed by NIMASA are compensated very well to guarantee safety but not well enough to allow them to live opulent lifestyles. Additionally, it offers employment to those in need of it and stability to various parts of Nigeria.
The above-mentioned is the agency’s typical pay scale, while NIMASA young Corpers also receive other supplementary allowances and bonuses. Additionally, you should be aware that depending on the agency, the NIMASA wage structure may alter at any time
- Read Also: How Much Does NAFDAC Pay Corpers?
Salary Structure for NIMASA
The breakdown of NIMSA payment structures with the various staff pay levels can be seen below:
Entry Level Salary: NIMASA pays between N1.2 million and N1.8 million year or an average of ₦100,000 to ₦150,000 per month.
Grade Level 7 (step 1): The average salary for grade 7 staff at NINASA is N90,000. That works out to more than one million Naira per year.
Grade Level 8 (step 1): NIMASA pays its grade level 8 personnel up to 103,988 per month, which adds up to 1,247,854 annually.
Note: The current NIMASA salary structures are shown here, before taxes and other significant deductions.
The Nigeria Maritime Administration and Safety Agency, also known as NIMASA, is a government organization tasked with enforcing laws regarding all operations that take place. They enforce and control all activities, including domestic and international trade. The Federal Ministry of Transport oversees and controls the government organization.
According to the records, NMA and JMLIC created this organization (NIMASA) in August 2006. The Joint Maritime Labour Industrial Council is another name for JMLIC, whereas NMA is another name for the National Maritime Authority.
The top regulatory body has been in charge of implementing domesticated International Maritime Organization (IMO), domesticated International Labour Organization (ILO) Conventions, promotion of commercial shipping and cabotage activities, pollution prevention and control in the marine environment, maritime safety, seafarers standards and security, maritime labour, and enforcement of shipping regulations since it was established.
Functions of Nigeria Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA)
The following are some additional duties carried out by NIMASA. Some of the fundamental NIMASA functions are listed below:
1. The certification of seafarers and shipping licenses is overseen and regulated by NIMASA.
2. The agency ensures that the regulatory and shipping issues related to merchant and seafarers’ shipping are improved or enhanced.
Additionally, the organization establishes safety regulations and arranges marine training for new officers.
3. NIMASA provides maritime search and rescue services, but only when necessary.
4. The agency also controls and regulates shipping safety during shipbuilding.
5. NIMASA also carries out coastal and aerial surveillance. The organization provides guidance and enforces laws and regulations to make sure that the security measures are followed.
6. Additionally, the organization prevents marine pollution.
7. The organization makes sure that the water territory is given the best level of security possible.
8. The organization makes sure to perform all tasks related to ports and flag states.
Finally, the organization makes sure that local capacity is expanded or developed in the management, ownership, and construction of ships and other related amenities. They accomplish this through creating and putting into action policies, initiatives, and strategies.
After discussing the role of the leading regulatory body (NIMASA), the next thing is to examine the requirements for employment there.
Job Requirements at NIMASA
If you believe that you must submit an application to the agency in order to find employment, keep in mind that there are specific criteria you must satisfy. In other words, if you don’t meet these qualifications, your prospects of getting hired by the agency are limited to none.
The Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency’s (NIMASA) job requirements are as follows:
1. A degree in engineering or its equivalent that can be registered with the Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria is required in addition to Class 1 for the candidate (COREN).
2. The candidate must be in possession of up-to-date documentation, valid credentials, and medical fitness certificates.
3. Obtain a Certificate of Competency (Engineering) from a reputable university along with at least eighteen (18) years of professional experience after graduating.
4. Possession of an HND, B.Sc., NCE, or OND from an accredited institution relevant to the position being applied for.
5. Any additional certificate, whether professional or postgraduate, is advantageous.
6. Certificate of Discharge/Exemption from NYSC.
7. Candidates must be younger than 35.
8. The applicant must be computer literate.
It is necessary to have a National Diploma (ND) from an accredited institution. A General Certificate of Education (Advanced Level) with two (2) subjects completed in one sitting or three (3) subjects completed in two sittings, or a National Certificate of Education (NCE) from a recognized institution.
The candidate must have passed four (4) subjects in one sitting or five (5) subjects in two sittings at the National Examination Council (NECO)/General Certificate of Education (GCE) Ordinary Level, including the English Language.
The candidate must also have a West African School Certificate (WAEC) or Senior Secondary School Certificate (SSSC) with at least credits in two (2) subjects and credits in not less than three (3) subjects, including English.
Conclusion: How Much Does NIMASA Pay NYSC Corpers?
Do you have any other details regarding the wages paid to NYSC Youth Corpers by NIMASA? Please share with us in the comments area if you wish.