The Corporate Affairs Commission is a billion-dollar agency in Nigeria. Over the years, CAC agents have been saddled with engaging in all corporate services ranging from pre- to post-operations. For this reason, you too might be considering registration to become an accredited agent with CAC.
CAC aggregators are those in almost every activity that involves the commission. If you are a business owner who wants to get your brand registered with CAC, it is always advised you implore the services of these agents for smooth and hassle-free registration.
Getting these agents to handle your corporate needs could be wise, One major challenge is meeting up with their high fees. For example, Law firms charge ridiculous amounts of money for every small opportunity they get.
This keeps you wondering whether people are out to offer genuine corporate services to help business owners and also at affordable rates or rather out to extort the system.
For this reason, you may wish to get your CAC accreditation number and license so you can also work with them and make money, or at least charge something reasonable.
Interestingly, CAC has given access to the general public to incorporate a business. However, in the long run, getting an accredited account could help especially if you want to venture into it.
In this article, we will be exploring the procedure to register and get CAC accreditation.
Who Can Become CAC Accredited Agent?
The following professions are recognised and eligible for CAC accreditation
- Chartered Accountants
- Legal Practitioners
- Chattered Secretaries
- Law Firms
CAC Accredited Agent Portal Registration 2024: Online Requirements
To register and become a CAC accredited agent online, the first requirement you must meet is being you are a Lawyer, Chattered Accountant, Member of a Law Firm, Chattered Secretary or Legal Practitioner
Having said that, below is a procedure to follow
- Visit the CAC pre-Incorporation Portal
- Click to register as an agent
- Fill out an application and ensure to select the category that best describes your profession
- Submit a certificate of qualification or competence.
- Provide a photocopy of your NYSC discharge document.
- Submit documentation proving payment of the annual practice charge.
- Pay the commission’s ₦5,000 accreditation charge.
- Proof of having paid the required cost above
- Lawyers are required to provide a copy of the document of the call to the bar
- Passport photograph
Once you have completed this procedure for accreditation with CAC, sit back and relax. In about 2 to 3 weeks, CAC will give you a reply, if your application is approved, you will be granted accreditation and also given your personal CAC accreditation number and full access to the agent portal.
CAC Accreditation Form
Before the the Migration from the Old CRP to the new CPR, CAC’s means of accreditation was through downloading the form and filling it out offline then taking it to their office.
However, since the start of 2021, the new CRP (Company registration portal) now makes work seamless and easier because the whole process can be done online via the portal.
CAC has stopped the use of the old method of filing forms offline.
List of CAC Accredited Agents in Nigeria: Hire Them
Legacy Benjamin Consult is one of the most sought-after CAC registration experts and business consulting hubs in Nigeria.
They have gained about 4 years of experience in helping business owners register and get a CAC licence and certificate.
Maybe you do not want to become a CAC agent but you need a reliable CAC expert in either Lagos or Abuja or Nigeria as a whole whom you can come into an agreement or contract with to handle all your CAC registration needs. Worry no more.
Here is what Legacy Benjamin Consult does
- Business Name Incorporation
- Company Incorporation
- Incorporated Trustee
- Annual Returns and All Post Incorporations
- SCUML Registration
- Business Branding and Digital Marketing
Message Us on WhatsApp Now!
Benefits of CAC Agent Account
- You can easily venture into the CAC registration business and make money from it
- No more hiring of other agents.
- You can also rent out your account to those who wish to venture into the business of CAC registration but cant be agents (by profession) and make money from there
- Clients will trust you to handle their business incorporation. Again, you also have legal backup from the commission, in cases of lost payment or error in registration it can be sorted out easily.
- With an agent account, you have full access to all post-incorporation services like annual returns filing, change of company name, address, directors, shareholders and many others which also provides another means of income.
Can I Carry Out CAC Registrations Without an Accredited Agent Account?
Yes, but not all registrations.
While it is possible to register a Business Name with a public account, You can not register a company or incorporated trustee without the need for an agent account.
Business names are the simplest of all registrations, you will first have to create a public account using the client’s information, (Not yours) this will automatically make him a proprietor and from there you can proceed to register.
CAC does not permit non-registered and accredited agents to access their services and register companies and incorporated trustees.
It is difficult risky, and frequently impossible for non-accredited people to start and finish the registration process because there is a requirement for an accreditation number of accredited agents looking to register companies and incorporated trustees.
How To Gain Access To CAC Accredited Agent Account Even If You Don’t Qualify
It is possible to get access to the CAC-accredited agent account even if you are not a Chartered accountant, Secretary or legal practitioner.
You can venture into the skill of CAC registrations and make money by offering your service to people. You don’t need to have studied a professional course that falls into the category of CAC accreditation.
That someone is a lawyer or chattered accountant doesn’t automatically make him/her a skilled professional or Jabagan in doing CAC registration. This is because such knowledge and skill come through practice, trial and error and years of experience.
If you need someone to help you secure an agent account, send a WhatsApp DM
You will get access to an agent account and also a course that will walk you through all the registrations involving CAC even if you are a stone-cold newbie.
In conclusion, The Corporate Affairs Commission under the new Leadership of Hussaini Ishaq Magaji, SAN is committed to providing more robust corporate services for business owners.
Whether you are an accountant, Lawyer or legal practitioner, getting CAC accredited account is a wise choice.
With the increasing number of businesses growing daily in Nigeria, venturing into this corporate sector of carrying out registrations will surely fetch you a good amount of money.
I hope this guide has been insightful in helping you navigate the cost and registration procedure for a CAC accredited agent license.
Even if you are ineligible to apply, there is still a chance for you to get an account for your corporate services.
- CAC Accredited Agent Registration 2024: Portal Requirements - January 15, 2024
- Best Coding Schools in Lagos 2024 - October 23, 2023
- How AI Technology Plays a Role in Education & Business - August 25, 2023