Are you interested in learning how much does National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control, or NAFDAC, pay its NYSC Youth Corpers? If that’s the reason you found this page, then don’t panic; the Federal agency’s current compensation structure have you covered. We shall examine the pay scale for the agency’s NYSC personnel throughout this article.
How Much Do NAFDAC Pay Corpers?
Young University grads are consistently posted to NAFDAC for their required one-year paid internship program.
Medical professionals who serve during their NYSC, such as pharmacists, doctors, microbiologists, lab scientists, botanists, animal scientists, physiologists, and even scientific lab technicians, fall under this group.
Therefore, it is common to see corporate pharmacists as well as pharmacy interns working with NAFDAC
The wage that is paid to these young Corpers is the real issue at hand. We must also talk about how much NAFDAC pays its interns and Corpers.
How Much Do NYSC Corp Members Earn From NAFDAC?
NAFDAC, the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control, pays between ₦90,000 to ₦130,000 a month for internships. Depending on the most recent increase in the minimum wage, this sum could be higher.
The NAFDAC intern pay is not really public knowledge. This figure was provided to the media by a pharmacy intern working for NAFDAC.
The monthly pay for NYSC Corpers employed by NAFDAC (posted to NAFDAC) ranges from ₦60,000 to ₦90,000 naira.
On the other hand, the monthly salary that the Federal Government typically pays its employees is ₦33,000
Therefore, NYSC Corpers assigned to NAFDAC make a total of about ₦120,000 every month. We received this information with confidence from a Youth Corp member who is currently employed by NAFDAC.
- Read Also: How Much Does NIMASA Pay Corpers
Full NAFDAC Salary Structure: Staff Compensation
The majority of businesses, however, are opposed to the idea of publishing the specifics of employee compensation earnings.
As a result, regardless of the position, they don’t disclose the wage scale structure of their employees. Representatives. Even so, we have evaluated how much this organization pays its NYSC Youth Corpers and other employees based on their respective ranks.
NAFDAC Salary for Youth Corpers
The NAFDAC compensation structure does not include the youth Corpers that work there because they are not paid the same as other employees.
This does not imply that the corp members who work in the state’s NAFDAC headquarters are not compensated with allowances.
Our analysis indicates that youth Corpers at NAFDAC receive a monthly payment of ₦25,000 to ₦30,000. However, this depends on the state or territory in which the corp member is stationed as well as the department to which he or she reports at the NAFDAC headquarters.
NAFDAC Salary for New and Entry-Level Employees
New NAFDAC employees are paid less than more seasoned individuals who have been there longer. Regardless of the salary level attained by new entry-level workers, it is likely that it will rise with promotion and extensive periods of work experience.
New hires at NAFDAC are currently expected to make between ₦70,000 and ₦90,000 per month after taxes as their monthly wage (excluding allowances).
The employee’s pay is increased to reflect the current level if their rank exceeds the entry-level minimum.
The annual salary for a NAFDAC employee in GL 7 is N1,073,217. Before perks and duty allowances, that works out to around N89,434 per month.
Monthly Salary of NAFDAC STAFF as Per Level
Let’s have a look at the monthly wages earned by NAFDAC staff. Since the majority of applicants are interested in learning about the agency’s wage structure, this information is important.
They want to be aware of how much the agency’s employees make each month before applying for job openings there.
Like all other federal health agencies, NAFDAC employees are paid under the CONRAISS system. All Federal Government departments and entities that deal with health use the same payment system. The breakdown of salaries according to employee level is as follows:
1. An annual salary of ₦1,247,854 is paid to a NAFDAC employee on GL 8. Without accounting for insurance and tax assessment deductions, this equates to ₦103,987 every month.
2. NAFDAC GL 7 employees receive annual pay rates of ₦1,073,217. This suggests that their monthly take-home pay is ₦89,434 before any deductions for taxes or benefits.
3. NYSC Corpers are eligible for explicit allowances in addition to the standard pay rates given to NAFDAC employees. In any case, your remuneration will improve further along with your agency career your progress.
4. In any event, these stipends are dependent on clearly defined rules, such as the service year, region, position and rank of the individual, etc.
This is how the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control sees the pay scale. We think you now have a clearer idea of what their employees take home at the end of each month.
The National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control is referred to as NAFDAC. This is a Federal Government Organization that controls how medicines and other food products are administered in Nigeria.
Controlling the distribution of counterfeit medicines and food goods is a responsibility that this organization’s numerous office and field personnel perform.
Their employees are evaluated according to their agency rankings, starting at entry-level employees and moving up to senior officials.
The pay scale for NYSC Youth Corps and other agency employees will be examined throughout this article.
The National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) was established by General Yakubu Gowon’s regime in Nigeria at the time. The organization was founded with the intention of involving Nigerian graduates in fostering national development.
In Nigeria, there is no mandatory military service. However, it has been a requirement for University and later polytechnic graduates since 1973 to participate for a year in the National Youth Service Corps program. Graduates who were above 30 when they graduated needed to obtain
An Overview of NAFDAC
As we’ve already mentioned, this is a Federal government body that oversees the nation’s distribution of medications and food items.
The Federal Ministry of Health also oversees NAFDAC, a government agency tasked with supervising and regulating the production, importation, exportation, promotion, appropriation, trade, and usage of food, pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, medical supplies, synthetics, and sachet water. Their work focuses on the health of those who eat these foods and medications.
Under the Federal Ministry of Health, the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) is the government organization in charge of managing and regulating the production, trade, advertising, supply, marketing, and consumption of food, drugs, cosmetics, medical equipment, synthetic substances, and treated water in Nigeria.
Functions of the National Agency for Food and Drugs Administration and Control
Let’s elaborate more on the NAFDAC job description because we’ve already mentioned it by listing the agency’s functions. We will examine the fundamental components of the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control in this section of the text.
The following is a list of them:
1. The federal health agency’s job is to compile standard regulations, laws, and administrative procedures for the development, importation, manufacturing, sale, and distribution of foods, drugs, medical equipment, bottled water, and chemicals
2. The Nigerian government’s drug regulating body also oversees the export of food, beverages, pharmaceuticals, medical equipment, bottled water, and chemicals. The organization also issues certificates of quality assurance for these products.
3. The agency also performs routinely positive inspections and maintains compliance with consistent standards established and approved by the NAFDAC Council. This regular inspection will provide effective quality control of chemicals, food, medicines, cosmetics, medical equipment, and bottled liquid.
4. Audits of imported foods, medications, cosmetics, medical gadgets, bottled water, and chemicals are another duty of the federal health department. Additionally, they create a thorough program for the nation’s food and pharmaceutical quality assurance.
Essential Role of NAFDAC
The NAFDAC performs a variety of significant roles in the nation’s drug regulation system. The requirements of its enabling decree granted the Agency approval to:
1. Control or keep an eye on the manufacture, production, advertising, supply, selling, and use of chemical, cosmetic, and pharmaceutical products as well as medical equipment and bottled liquids.
2. The requirement also includes a compilation of typical requirements, laws, and guidelines for the creation, manufacturing, export, sale, and distribution of food, drugs, cosmetics, medical devices, bottled water, and chemicals.
3. The NAFDAC also keeps track of the food supply, pharmaceuticals, medical equipment, bottled water, and chemical items in the nation.
Conclusion: How Much Does NAFDAC Pay Corpers
That much space is devoted to this article on the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control’s (NAFDAC) pay scale. NigerianInfopedia has so far emphasized in this article how much this federal health organization compensates its personnel in accordance with their ranks.
We also discuss the duties and responsibilities of this medication regulation organization.
- CAC Accredited Agent Registration 2024: Portal Requirements - January 15, 2024
- Best Coding Schools in Lagos 2024 - October 23, 2023
- How AI Technology Plays a Role in Education & Business - August 25, 2023