The need for accounting among students is growing, especially in light of the shifting economic climate in Nigerian business and industry. In this guide, you will discover all of the ICAN accredited Institutions in Nigeria
The majority of students in Nigeria after completing their secondary education are choosing to pursue accounting as part of their higher education, as can be observed. This choice was made since it gives them access to a wider range of opportunities.
More than 100 schools and departments around the country are offering programs in this field of study to entice students to pursue accounting as part of their higher education.
We have compiled a list of the best colleges in Nigeria that are ICAN certified to make it simpler for students to find the proper college.
List Of ICAN-Accredited Universities in Nigeria
These are all the institutions with current accreditation for their accounting programs as of 2023
Below is a full list of Institutions in Nigeria that are legally accredited by ICAN
• Abia State University, Uturu;
• Achievers University, Owo, Ondo State;
• Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba-Akoko, Ondo State;
• American University of Nigeria, Yola, Adamawa State;
• Adeleke University, Ede, Osun State;
• Bayero University, Kano State;
• Bells University Ota, Ogun State;
• Benson Idahosa University, Benin, Edo State;
• Benue State University, Makurdi, Benue State;
• Bowen University, Iwo, Osun State;
• Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University Igbariam, Anambra Sate;
• Covenant University, Ota, Ogun State;
• Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki;
• Enugu State University of Science & Technology;
• Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta;
• Federal University of Agriculture, Makurdi;
• Federal University, Ndufu-Alike Ikwo, Ebonyi State;
• Federal University, Oye, Ekiti State
• Fountain University, Oshogbo, Osun State;
• Godfrey Okoye University, Enugu;
• Gombe State University;
• Igbinedion University, Okada, Edo State;
• Imo State University, Owerri;
• Joseph Ayo Babalola University, Ikeji-Arakeji, Osun State;
• Kaduna State University, Kaduna State;
• Ladoke Akintola University, Ogbomoso, Oyo State;
• Lagos State University, Ojo;
• Madonna University, Okija, Anambra State;
• Modibbo Adama University of Technology, Yola;
• Nasarawa State University, Keffi;
• Niger Delta University, Wilberforce Island, Bayelsa State;
• Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka, Anambra State;
• Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago-Iwoye, Ogun State;
• Osun State University, Okuku;
• Rivers State University of Science & Technology, Port-Harcourt;
• Samuel Adegboyega University, Ogwa, Edo State;
• Taraba State University, Jalingo;
• University of Abuja, FCT;
• University of Calabar, Cross River State;
• University of Mkar, Gboko, Benue State;
• University of Uyo, Akwa-Ibom State;
• Veritas University, Abuja, Obehie Campus, Abia State.
We will continue to update our list whenever and wherever there seem to be new accreditations or the accreditation of a school has been forced to withdraw.
ICAN-Accredited Polytechnics in Nigeria
Here is the List of all Nigerian polytechnics whose Accounting programmes have valid accreditation currently.
• Akwa Ibom State Polytechnic, Ikot Osurua;
• Auchi Polytechnic, Auchi, Edo State;
• D.S Adegbenro ICT Polytechnic, Eruku- Itori, Ogun State;
• DORBEN Polytechnic, Abuja FCT;
• Gateway ICT Polytechnic, Saapade, Ogun State;
• The Federal Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti Ekiti State;
• Federal Polytechnic, Idah, Kogi State;
• Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro, Ogun State;
• Federal Polytechnic, Kaura-Namoda, Zamfara;
• The Federal Polytechnic, Mubi, Adamawa State;
• Federal Polytechnic, Oko, Anambra State;
• Institute of Management and Tech, Enugu, Enugu State;
• Kano State Polytechnic, Kano;
• Lagos State Polytechnic, Isolo, Lagos State;
• Nigeria Army School of Finance & Admin, Apapa Lagos;
• Ken Saro Wiwa Polytechnic, Bori, Port-Harcourt, Rivers State;
• The Polytechnic, Ibadan, Oyo State;
• Yaba College Of Technology, Yaba, Lagos.
There are two colleges of education that provide approved Accounting programs in addition to universities and polytechnics.
These include the Institute of Ecumenical Education in Enugu and the Federal College of Education (Technical), Akoka, Lagos.
- Read Also: Best South-East Universities in Nigeria
ICAN Accredited Tutorial Centres in Nigeria
Are you searching for a top-notch study facility with excellent facilities after registering for the ICAN professional examination?
You have come to the right place if you want to take the accounting certification examinations and are looking for a reputable study facility that is also ICAN-accredited.
Below are the recommended ICAN study centres in the country:
ABA ==> Abia State Polytechnic, Aba.
ABAKALIKI ==> Ebonyi State University, Permanent Site, Abakaliki.
ABEOKUTA ==> Moshood Abiola Polytechnic, Ojere, Abeokuta
ABUJA ==> M & M Event Centre, Peace Garden, Plot 900, Herbert Macaulay Way, International Conference Centre, Abuja
ADO-EKITI ==> Ekiti State University, Sandwish Village, Iworoko Road, Ado-Ekiti
AKURE ==> ICAN House,Alagbaka, Akure. By Government House. Akure
ASABA ==> Delta State University, Anwai Campus, Asaba.
AWKA ==> Paul University, Awka. Main Campus.
BENIN-CITY ==> Idia College Hall, Iyaro, Benin City.
CALABAR ==> Management Development Institute, Mary Slessor Avenue, Calabar.
CAMEROUN ==> Buea Catholic University, Buea Cameroun
ENUGU ==> Godfrey Okoye University, Tinker’s Corner Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu.
IBADAN ==> Jogor Centre, No.1, Harvester Drive, Off Liberty Stadium Road, Ring Road, Ibadan
IKEJA ==> MARTINOS HOTEL, 1, Otunba Jobi Fele Way, Central Business District, by Abiola Garden, Alausa, Ikeja, Lagos
IKORODU ==> Caleb University KM 15 Ikorodu – Itokin Road, Imota – Ikorodu
ILESA ==> Osun State College of Education, Ilesa.
ILISAN-REMO ==> Babcock University, Ilisan-Remo
ILORIN ==> Royal Hall, Royal Shekinah Suites, Opposite NNPC MEGA Station, Ajase IPO, Ilorin
JOS ==> Twin Theatre Hall, Plateau State Polytechnic Barkin Ladi, Jos Campus, Jos
KADUNA ==> Kaduna State University, Tafawa Balewa Way, Kaduna
KANO ==> College of Advance and Remedial Studies, Airport Road, Near St. Thomas Secondary School, Kano
LAGOS ==> – AMUWO ICAN Centre, Amuwo-Odofin, Lagos (Skills & Professional)
LAGOS ==> – UNILAG University of Lagos Multi-Purpose Hall (Foundation, Skills and Part of Professional)
LOKOJA ==> Federal University Auditorium, Adankolo Campus, Lokoja, Kogi State
LONDON ==> Lambeth Accord Conference Centre Accord House, 336 Brixton Rd, London SW9 7AA
MAIDUGURI ==> Ramat Polytechnic, Maiduguri
MAKURDI ==> Benue State Library, Makurdi
MINNA ==> Federal University of Technology, Bosso Campus, Minna
OGBOMOSO ==> Ogbomoso Grammar School, Senior, Off Ikirun Road, Paku Hill Ogbomoso, (Just after the Owode Divisional Police Station, Owode, Ogbomoso)
ONITSHA ==> Social Centre Secondary School, Awka Road, Onitsha, Anambra State
OWERRI ==> Government Secondary School, Okigwe Road, Owerri, Imo State
P/HARCOURT ==> University of Port-Harcourt Continuing Education Centre, UST Roundabout, Port Harcourt
SOKOTO ==> Conference Hall, University Teaching Hospital Complex, Sokoto
UMUAHIA ==> Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umuahia.
UYO ==> Modern Secondary Commercial School, (Modern Training Institute),133, Aka Road, Uyo
WARRI ==> College of Education, (Auditorium) Permanent Site, Warri
YENAGOA ==> Linnet Paul Innovation Institute, Isaac Bow Expressway, NIIT Compound, Eteqwe, Yenagoa
YOLA ==> Adamawa State Polytechnic, Yola
ZARIA ==> Kongo Campus, ABU, Zaria,
There may be additional centres in your region besides those listed here, but they have not yet received ICAN approval. We’ll keep you informed of any newly authorized study centres in Nigeria.
- Read Also; Best MBA Schools in Nigeria
Is NOUN Certified by ICAN?
The Accounting Technician Scheme (ATS) was once required before NOUN accounting graduates could join the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN) and become chartered accountants.
As of today, NOUN accounting graduates are accepted directly into the ICAN professional program, making this a thing of the past.
- Read Also: Best Driving Schools in Abuja
Conclusion: ICAN Accredited Institutions in Nigeria
Conclusively, a typical course called “Chartered Accountancy” covers topics including accounting, taxation, financial analysis, and financial economics. This course is in high demand both domestically and abroad, not just in Nigeria.
In Nigeria, there are more than fifty institutions where students can take accounting studies full-time, part-time, or online.
The best ICAN accredited Institutions in Nigeria charge affordable tuition for this program at the undergraduate and graduate levels.